5 things about the poet that you may not know:
1. He had Pott’s disease (a form of tuberculosis that affects the bone), and grew to a height of only 4 ft 6 in.
2. He is the third-most frequently quoted writer in The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations, after Shakespeare and Tennyson.
3. His poem ‘Eloisa to Abelard’, based on a very very real tragic tale of love is very popular because of the following lines…
How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray’r accepted, and each wish resign’d.
You should watch he movie “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind’, it’s good!
4. Like most poets, he was isolated, mocked, misunderstood, and unloved for most of his life. With great pain comes great poetry…
5. He, unlike the greats of literature, was not buried in Westminster Abbey. Take a look at his tombstone.