“Her transformation from oranges and browns to a pristine white is epic. And the wind, always the wind… like a veil over the city, the wind is her handmaid.“
From here, my piece for the launch of Scottish Book Trust‘s ‘Scotland’s Stories Of Home‘ series.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
One of Mum’s vegetarian thalis (platters)
Clockwise from left: Baingan bharta (aubergine/brinjal/eggplant prepared with fried onions), sweet mango pickle, yellow dal (lentils), aloo bhindi (potatoes with okra), aloo gobi muttar (potatoes with cauliflower and peas), roti (indian flatbread)
A few days ago, Deanna from The Book Lover’s Attic nominated me for the Shine On award. People on Blogosphere are kind and it’s always touching when someone somewhere thinks of you.
THE SHINE ON AWARD
Here are the rules of the award:
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog, and link back.
3. Share seven random, interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for the Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
1. I spent 23 years in India and never felt at home, it took me less than a month to realise Scotland was my home.
2. I think I might have been a sailor in my previous birth.
3. I want to be a Unicorn in my next birth.
4. My favourite perfume is Lancome’s Poeme
5. The latest present that I’ve received is a green apple coloured jumper
6. I have started drinking Whittard’s Dreamtime Instant tea at night
7. I have some writing related news that I’ll share with y’all soon!
A Mixed Bag
Lori Lipsky | Poetry Patio
Dravite’s Books and Cauldron
You guys rock!