I’ll go with ‘Hello World!’ for the first post. This will be about books. So a few things:
- I have been an avid reader since childhood. Over the past 13 years I’ve steadily read a book every ten days. That’s 36 books a year, about 500 books till date. I have a list so I remember all the names. There are so many books that I’m asked to recommend, ones that I’ve read but don’t remember in detail.
- Feeling. Every time I finish a book I associate it with a feeling. Years later, that is all that remains. I have a hard time explaining to people that I do not remember the plots in detail but I am/am not recommending a book.
- I’m going to blog about the books I read from now on, some very good books I’ve read till date, and books I’ve been wanting to read.
- This will contain just my opinions and feeling about the book in question. I will take liberty to criticize or applaud any twist in the tale. Books that I’ve read long ago, I’ll put down my feelings about them.
- I hope more people read and read well. I have a dream – that Chetan Bhagat and Barbara Cartland will not be called literature anymore, that I will find Chaucer easy to understand, and that one day, people will not mind spending a couple of hundred bucks on a book of poems as opposed to cheap novellas.
I’m new to WordPress and I’m bad with these things in general. So please, good men and gentle women, bear with me till I stop hiccuping.